- Genesis is a market leader in tech-enabled RWE and HEOR
- Management to pursue global expansion, leveraging GHO’s European expertise
London, UK – Global Healthcare Opportunities, or GHO Capital Partners LLP, the European specialist investor in global healthcare, announces the acquisition of Genesis Research (‘Genesis’), a leading provider of tech-enabled Real-World Evidence (RWE) and Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) services.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Hoboken, New Jersey, Genesis is a pioneer in RWE and HEOR services via tech-enabled data and science-first solutions, servicing market leading innovators across the Life Sciences industry. Genesis optimises drug development and evidences the clinical and commercial value of products via expert analysis, synthesis, communication and utilisation of integrated Real-World Data (RWD). Genesis has an established footprint in the US and UK with more than 120 employees.
With estimated double digit growth year over year, and regulatory demands accelerating the volume and accessibility of RWD, Genesis Research’s purpose-built technology platforms integrate human and artificial intelligence to increase efficiency and improve performance to meet expanding market needs. The company’s data-agnostic approach to accessing and analysing RWE enables utilisation of the best data sources available which includes data drawn from a wide range of sources outside of clinical studies.
Genesis Research’s best-of-breed technology solutions are built into their workflow and targeted to accelerate and optimise delivery of desired scientific outcomes:
- EVID AI is the world’s largest AI curated database of published literature. This advanced machine learning platform helps healthcare decision makers find high quality, targeted results faster, more efficiently and from an unprecedented breadth of sources.
- Data agnostic visualisation platforms, such as fit-for-purpose dashboards, allow users to interact with multiple data and visualise results to accelerate research.
- The company’s Landscape Evidence Overview (LEO) platform leverages AI technology to provide a clear understanding of the current evidence base for a specific disease and identify gaps to assist in research development.
- Evidence for value and access technology (EVA) facilitates communication with internal stakeholders throughout a product’s lifecycle and provides a consistent approach to reimbursement and submission to national, regional, and local payers.
With a broad base of blue-chip Pharmaceutical manufacturers and emerging Biotechnology companies, Genesis is an established leader and one of the largest operators within a highly fragmented sector. GHO will provide further capital and sector expertise as well as leverage its European network to build on Genesis’ unique market position and drive expansion into adjacent service offerings to create a scaled global leader in tech-enabled RWE and HEOR services.
Genesis has announced that David Miller will be appointed as the new Chairman of the Board and will formally assume the role in 2022.
The Partners at GHO Capital, said, “The investment in Genesis follows years of work internally to identify market leading platforms with ambitious management teams in RWE and HEOR. Recognising the rapid growth and macro tailwinds driving the sector, we are delighted to back a leader in this space. With our investment and specialist expertise, we look forward to supporting the shared ambition for Genesis to become a global leader in RWE and HEOR.”