- GHO is dedicated to encouraging a supportive, equitable and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce and within our portfolio companies
- We recognise that diversity in background and experience drives diversity of thought helping to make better decisions and challenge the status quo
- We believe every individual at GHO has the responsibility to foster an inclusive environment
- We work closely with our portfolio management teams to cultivate inclusive, equitable and diverse work environments
- We are united by a shared commitment to build inclusive teams, creating an organisation that embraces diversity
Our Diversity Equity and Inclusion policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness to all people within the firm, ensuring that all team members and applicants are given equal opportunity, striving for our organisation to be representative of all sections of society. We want our workplace to be an environment where each team member is respected, valued and able to give their best as a result.
Our specific commitments are to:
- Create an environment in which individual differences and contributions of all team members are recognised and valued
- Create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect
- Discipline those that breach this policy and a non-tolerance for any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment
- Make training, development, and progression opportunities available to all staff
- Promote equity in the workplace
- Encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can apply corrective measures
- Regularly review all house, and portfolio level employment practices and procedures to maintain fairness at all times
Partnering for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion success
We participate in industry organisations focused on Diversity & Inclusion in order to collaborate with peers to help raise awareness in our industry.
We are active partners with Level 20, the not-for-profit organisation established to inspire women to join and progress in the private equity industry and Out Investors a global network for LGBT+ investment professionals. We also work with a range of organisations, including Generating Genius and Working Voices, to continue to build an inclusive and diverse environment, both within GHO and the communities in which we work.
To progress activities in relation to our DEI policy, GHO runs a monthly Diversity Equity and Inclusion working group, co-chaired by one of our Managing Partners and Chief Financial Officer.